Details of the Scholarship
- The Acting scholarship is open to Teens & kids (6-16yrs) only, and offers students one full school year of part-time acting tuition in a chosen course at Point Break Drama.
- The scholarship will be awarded to an individual who demonstrates outstanding talent in an audition situation.
- Application Deadline is November 26th 2018.
- The first round of auditions will take place on Tuesday 3rd December 2018 (4pm to 9pm). If applicant receives a call-back they will be required the following Tuesday 10th December.
- Anybody in the applicable age range may apply. No experience necessary to audition.
- Three full year scholarships will be offered in total. The first scholarship will be for the 6-9 age bracket. The second scholarship will be for the 10-13 age bracket and the third scholarship for the 14-16 age bracket.
- An acting scholarship at Point Break Drama entitles the lucky recipient to take four full terms of either Teen acting, Teen screen acting or child acting in 2019 only.
- Successful candidates can choose from one of the following (Note class times subject to change) – Teen acting runs on three separate afternoons on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday afternoons from 4pm – 6pm. Teen screen acting Tuesday afternoons from 4.00pm – 6pm. Child acting runs on Wed & Thursday afternoons only from 4pm-5.30pm. Child Screen Acting run on Monday afternoons from 4.00pm to 5.50pm. Child play drama ( 5-6 yr olds) runs on Mondays 5pm-6pm..
- Successful applicants will choose one day only under scholarship.
- Scholarships will be adjudicated by an independent judge who has industry experience.
- Parents will need to complete a Scholarship application form and return with an application fee to Point Break Drama by no later than November 26th, 2018.
- The application fee is $50, which is non-refundable.
- All application forms to be signed, scanned and emailed to email@example.com or mailed with a $50 deposit (cheque or Money Order, Direct deposit – Name: adam stewart paul winchester t/as point break drama BSB: 062205 acc num:10165539) by no later than 26th November 2018 to:
Point Break Drama
103 Plateau Rd
- Applicants will be notified of a time, date and place for audition via email. Please provide an email address that is current.
- All applicants will be given a ten-minute slot. Applicants should check their email for all updates.
- Applicants should prepare a 1- 2 min monologue that demonstrates their strengths. Monologues must not exceed the two-minute time limit. Choose something that is age specific.
- Applicants will be asked to take direction and improvise a short scene on the day of the audition.
- Parents will not be allowed in the audition room.
Scholarship Acceptance of Offer
- Successful candidates will be sent a formal offer via email.
- All Runner-ups will be notified via email also.
- Successful Candidates will be notified by email.
- The acceptance of this offer must be received by no later than Jan 15th, 2019.
- Parents and students must read conditions section before committing.
- Runner-ups will be offered a place at point Break Drama at a discounted rate for 2019 only. Runner-ups will have to February 1st, 2019 to accept offer.
Conditions for Point Break Drama Scholarship 2019.
- Point Break’s decision will be final.
- Applications shall not be accepted after November 26th, 2018.
- Scholarships are open to Children & Youth aged 6 to 16 years of age only.
- No experience necessary to audition.
- Point Break Drama is not liable for providing acting course/s should the school cease trading or change is course timetable makes it difficult for applicant to attend class.
- Successful applicants, runner-ups and other applicants may not trade in an acting course for money.
- Scholarship courses can only be taken by the successful candidate in 2019.
- Successful Candidates and runner-ups must attend 75% of classes.
- Successful applicants must set high standards of behavior.
- Successful applicants must demonstrate a satisfactory level of achievement while on the scholarship program.
- The Point Break Drama acting Scholarship only applies to courses run in the official school term. The scholarship does not include holiday courses, casting workshops, specialty workshops or private tuition.
- Successful Candidates are entitled to attend 1 class per week only for four school terms, 2019.