Teen / Child Acting Scholarship (7-16yrs)
Point Break Drama Acting School’s Scholarship program for kids & Teens (7-16yrs), offers students the opportunity to learn acting technique from professional actors on the Northern Beaches of Sydney.
Point Break Drama prides itself on high standards of its students and the quality of tuition it provides. Point Break Drama Acting School is one of the most highly regarded schools in Sydney, offering short acting courses for Kids, Youth & adults.
The Scholarship’s aim is to recognise an individual’s out-standing talent, giving them the capacity to continue training.
Details of the Scholarship
- The Acting scholarship is open to Teens & kids (7-16yrs) only, and offers students one full school year of part-time acting tuition in a chosen course at Point Break Drama.
- The scholarship will be awarded to an individual who demonstrates outstanding talent in an audition situation.
- Application Deadline is November 21st 2017.
- The first round of auditions will take place on Tuesday 6th December 2017 (4pm to 9pm). If applicant receives a call-back they will be required the following Tuesday 13th December.
- Anybody in the applicable age range may apply. No experience necessary to audition.
- Three full year scholarships will be offered in total. The first scholarship will be for the 7-9 age bracket. The second scholarship will be for the 10-13 age bracket and the third scholarship for the 14-16 age bracket.
- An acting scholarship at Point Break Drama entitles the lucky recipient to take four full terms of either Teen acting, Teen screen acting or child acting in 2018only.
- Successful candidates can choose from one of the following – Teen acting runs on three separate afternoons on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday afternoons from 4pm – 6pm. Teen screen acting Tuesday afternoons from 4.00pm – 6pm. Child acting runs on Thursday afternoons only from 4pm-6pm. Child Screen Acting run on Monday afternoons from 4.30pm to 6pm.
- Successful applicants will choose one day only under scholarship.
- Scholarships will be adjudicated by an independent judge who has industry experience.
- Parents will need to complete a Scholarship application form and return with an application fee to Point Break Drama by no later than November 19th, 2017.
- The application fee is $50, which is non-refundable.
- All application forms to be signed, scanned and emailed to email@example.com or mailed with a $50 deposit (cheque or Money Order, Direct deposit – Name: adam stewart paul winchester t/as point break drama BSB: 062205 acc num:10165539) by no later than 21st November 2016 to:
Point Break Drama
103 Plateau Rd
- Applicants will be notified of a time, date and place for audition via email. Please provide an email address that is current.
- All applicants will be given a ten-minute slot. Applicants should check their email for all updates.
- Applicants should prepare a 1- 2 min monologue that demonstrates their strengths. Monologues must not exceed the two-minute time limit. Choose something that is age specific.
- Applicants will be asked to take direction and improvise a short scene on the day of the audition.
- Parents will not be allowed in the audition room.
Being fortunate enough to receive a Scholarship at Point Break Drama in 2013 has been a very beneficial experience for me. I have learn’t a lot about acting in general and some specific techniques, to improve and perform at the very best possible. I have been immersed in many different opportunities ranging from Advanced classes at the school, with new friends, to being part of an amazing production of Romeo and Juliet. I am very thankful for the experience to grow as an actor and many thanks must go to Paul Winchester and all of the great teachers at Point Break.
Alex Graham 15yrs
14-16 Winner Scholarship 2013
Conditions for Point Break Drama Scholarship 2018.
- Point Break’s decision will be final.
- Applications shall not be accepted after November 21st, 2017.
- Scholarships are open to Children & Youth aged 7 to 16 years of age only.
- No experience necessary to audition.
- Point Break Drama is not liable for providing acting course/s should the school cease trading or change is course timetable makes it difficult for applicant to attend class.
- Successful applicants, runner-ups and other applicants may not trade in an acting course for money.
- Scholarship courses can only be taken by the successful candidate in 2018.
- Successful Candidates and runner-ups must attend 75% of classes.
- Successful applicants must set high standards of behavior.
- Successful applicants must demonstrate a satisfactory level of achievement while on the scholarship program.
- The Point Break Drama acting Scholarship only applies to the course run in the official school term. The scholarship does not include holiday courses, casting workshops or private tuition.
- Successful Candidates are entitled to attend 1 class per week only for four school terms, 2018.