This high energy ten-week Acting course is designed specifically for Teenagers, & offers participants the opportunity to explore the different aspects of Acting & improvisation in a fun & spontaneous environment.
Teens will learn basic Stanislavski acting technique, giving participants a myriad of acting & presentation skills.
The course will cover:
- Improvisation Games
- Voice & Movement
- Stage Craft- How to use the stage more effectively.
- Definition of Acting – What is Acting?
- Acting Technique- How to affect and bring about a change in the other actor.
- Basic Script Analysis/Breakdown
- Introduction to Acting Terminology
- Use of acting principles- making acting choices specific to the requirements of the text.
- Understanding Performance Style- the specific of performing comedy & drama
- Performance experience- 4 x performance a year
- Self devised group work- Once yearly
“As a young actor, this course has provided me with exactly what I need, good teachers who are there both to help you develop your skills and to just show you a good time, and other actors who in turn have also helped me learn how to develop my own skills….. I did try other acting schools first but no others could offer the diversity, fun, experience, teachers, talent or, of course, the end of term performance….If you have a budding young actor who can not stop performing, singing or are just plainly energetic, Point Break Drama will channel these talents and energy into an incredible acting program. I am not going to stop until the age limit makes me leave.”
Grant Hogan (15 years- student)
|YOUTH DRAMA:||10-17 yrs old|
|TIMES:||Tues 4pm-6pm 11-17yrs|
|Wed 4pm-6pm 10-13yrs|
|Wed 4pm-6pm 14yrs+|
|Thurs 4pm-6pm 10-13yrs|
|Thurs 4pm-6pm 14yrs+|
|(see class schedule for start date)|
|COST:||$200 ($50 deposit required)|
|To be paid in full at commencement of course please.|
|LOCATION:||Point Break Drama Studios – 28 Fisher Road, Dee Why NSW 2099|
(New Life Baptist Church Hall)
* wear loose comfortable clothes and bring pen and paper.