Building on the foundations explored in Acting 1, this acting course will give students a more thorough introduction to the fundamentals of acting technique.
This course will focus on:
- Inner Workings of character – Accessing Thoughts/ feelings/ Needs/ Desires.
- How to create the inner monologue for your character.
- Introduction of new Acting Terminology. What are Tactics, Obstacles, Actions?
- Characterisation through movement & Physicality – Laban Efforts
- Script Analysis / Breakdown: What is Uniting?
- Choosing strong playable objectives
- Affecting and bringing about change in the other
- Achieving a heightened Sensory Awareness
- Exploring Emotional/Sensory Memory Recall
- Exploiting the power of the Imagination
- The application of technique to the presentation of a duologue
- Improvisation to explore given circumstances & broaden character.
- Accessing the power of the Imagination
- The presentation of a duologue for Family/ friends.
- Taught by professional actors
The teaching standards and dedication of the staff are absolutely first class. I have learned so much about the different techniques required to bring about truthful acting. Point Break Drama gave me the confidence to audition and perform with other theatre companies. I’ve appeared in a number of TV commercials, short films, corporate videos ,BBC TV historical drama documentary and many theatre productions including short & sweet. But most of all Point Break Drama has given me a personal creative outlet that I thought I wouldn’t have again. Now I want to get my own kids to sign up!
Annabel Cotton (Mum- Acting 1, 2, 3, 4 & Acting for Camera)
|(see class schedule for start date)|
|COST:||$340 ($100 deposit required)|
|To be paid in full at commencement of course please.|
|LOCATION:||Point Break Drama Studios – 28 Fisher Road, Dee Why NSW 2099|
(New Life Baptist Church Hall)
* wear loose comfortable clothes and bring pen and paper.