A fun and practical Acting course introducing students to the fundamentals of acting, in an encouraging & playful environment. Through creative group play & individually focused tuition, participants will feel challenged and empowered.
This course will focus on:
- Developing craft & acting technique through Fun & engaging exercises
- Techniques to aid with confidence and dynamic presence on stage
- Improvisation / Games to stimulate imagination and the joy of “play”
- More effective Use of Voice & Body on stage.
- Encourage participants to listen to their intuition and go with there gut.
- How to effectively communicate an idea on stage to an audience.
- Practical exercises that give students understanding of basic acting principles- What is the Who, What, When Where & Why? What is an Objective/ Want?
- The practical application of acting technique to performance of a monologue.
- Embracing the Joy of Performance.
- Taught by Professional Actor
“I decided I needed to move outside the box & learn a few new skills of my own. I really needed a big confidence boost. Well I can definitely say that Acting 1 was definitely a big step in the right direction, I enjoyed every class & soon came to realise drama was not just about scripts & rehearsals: It was a combination of games, social interaction & pushing comfort zones. Our Teacher made every class fun & prepared us well. After my 1st performance night, where we each presented a monologue, I felt like I had achieved the impossible.”
Karen Nath-Duran (Mum-Acting 1)
|(see class schedule for start date)|
|COST:||$340 ($100 deposit required)|
|To be paid in full at commencement of course please.|
|LOCATION:||Point Break Drama Studios – 28 Fisher Road, Dee Why NSW 2099|
(New Life Baptist Church Hall)
* wear loose comfortable clothes and bring pen and paper.