Point Break Drama’s Screen acting course at Dee Why, will develop acting, improvisation and audition techniques for the screen, whilst giving participants a grounding in basic acting techniques required for film & television.
Participants will be taught a step by step audition process, and how to conduct themselves professionally at castings. With the continual development and practice of these skills, students will approach the casting process with greater confidence and flexibility.
In more Detail:
- The different requirements of stage & screen
- what works visually on screen
- Basic Stanislavski Acting technique – Who, What, When, Where, Why & Want.
- The efficient Learning of lines to stay flexible
- Scene Breakdown / Analysis- Gleaning all clues from the text
- Understanding how a casting works
- The introduction to substitution & emotional /memory recall
- Workshopping latest scripts from Film & television
- Mock Auditions- Students begin take responsibility for their own work.
- Taught by Professional Actor with hands on industry knowledge
I was asked recently to run lines with Kee Chan (hollywood actor)as the script was a bit mobile. Not only did he learn them very quickly,he used the same technique of running lines fast without emotion, I learnt at Point Break Drama Acting School. It was great to watch a seasoned Hollywood actor use the same technique and really solidify it for me. The little I’ve done with you has really helped me understand the process on set. Thank you.
Penny Murden (Script & Continuity Coordinator)
|SCREEN ACTING 1:||ADULT|
|(see class schedule for start date)|
|COST:||$380 ($100 deposit required)|
|To be paid in full at commencement of course please.|
|LOCATION:||Point Break Drama Studios – 28 Fisher Road, Dee Why NSW 2099|
(New Life Baptist Church Hall)
* wear loose comfortable clothes and bring pen and paper.