- This event has passed.
The Tempest – Friday
September 6 @ 7:30 pm - 10:00 pm$22 – $34
The Tempest Sydney 2019
Point Break Drama Theatre company presents Shakespeare’s The Tempest Sydney 2019. Shakespeare’s classic romance / comedy, The Tempest will be bought lovingly to life by Point Break Drama Co-Founder Paul Winchester & resident director Blair Cutting. A tale of revenge, redemption, personal growth, hatred, love, slavery and – ultimately – coconuts.
Scroll down to book!
The Tempest plays one week only Tues 3rd – Sat 7th September
The Tempest Sydney 2019 Synopsis
A tale of revenge, redemption, personal growth, hatred, love, slavery and – ultimately – coconuts.
Prospero’s quest for vengeance is obsessive, blinding him/her to his own short-sighted – and cynical view of the world. Through his love for his daughter – and his increasing awareness of his treatment of both Ariel and Caliban – he comes to an understanding of not only a humanist world view, but also of himself.
On their cruise home from a royal wedding in Africa, a European ruler and his closest advisors are marooned on an uncharted island.Political wheeling and dealing must take a backseat as their mysterious host – Prospero – carries out a program of what seems to be hell-bent revenge, but soon shifts into something more profound.
Love, loyalties and trust will be challenged as magic takes us into a deeper understanding of what it means not only to be human, but also humane to others.
Cast includes: Holly Matthews, Lily – Maud Horton, Ruby Tyler, Ryan Perrott, Liam O’Neill, Sam Ginns, Coll Burns,Charlie Laws ,Mandela Raj – Seppings ,Catherine Gilbert ,Michael Hawkins, Meisha Burr, Elora Jolliffe, Aria Hart, Ethan McLaren
- Entry to the play is by Donation.
- Adults $34, Students $27, School Bookings $22 (available only to schools of bookings 10 or more)
- Show with interval approx 2 hours
- General enquiries call 0412 676 367
- Please note only direct deposit & Paypal payments are accepted (no cash or cheque).
- Please note we do not do Seating allocation for this event.
- Please inform us if you would like wheelchair access via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: Payments must be made within 48 hours of registration.