Teen Drama (10-13 YRS) THU – Term 4
October 18 @ 4:00 pm - December 12 @ 6:00 pm$248 – $257
Acting Class for Teenagers
This high energy acting class for teenagers, is designed specifically for teens, offering participants the opportunity to explore the different aspects of Acting & improvisation in a fun & spontaneous environment. Teens will learn basic Stanislavski acting technique, giving participants a myriad of acting & presentation skills.
Professional Acting classes for teenagers are taught by working actors.Teens will gain industry insight and knowledge, and a high skill base in the performing arts industry. Start your training now!
The first time I went to Point Break Drama acting studio, I was nine and a little awkward. I didn’t know anyone. From the moment I entered the room, other kids immediately talked to me as though we had been friends for years. I was so comfortable. This type of supportive environment was vital to making me feel I was in the right place. Along with the the devoted passion of the incredible acting teachers, to dig deeper, try harder and to never be afraid to learn through trial and error, I became a highly skilled and confident performer. 5 years later, I’m someone completely different with acting techniques and experiences the nine year old me would never have dreamed of. Thank you Point Break Drama. Lily Maud – Horton 15 yrs
Acting Class for Teenagers will cover:
- Improvisation Games
- Voice & Movement
- Stage Craft- How to use the stage more effectively.
- Definition of Acting – What is Acting?
- Acting Technique- How to affect and bring about a change in the other actor.
- Basic Script Analysis/Breakdown
- Introduction to Acting Terminology
- Use of acting principles- making acting choices specific to the requirements of the text.
- Understanding Performance Style- the specific of performing comedy & drama
- Performance experience- 4 x performance a year
- Self devised group work- Once yearly
- Earlybird 5% off ends 4th November