Screen Acting Advanced – Adults Term 3
August 22 @ 7:00 pm - October 10 @ 9:00 pm$390 – $410
Point Break Drama’s Advanced Screen Acting on Camera adults at Dee why, not only trains participants in acting technique for film & TV, but this acting on camera course will help participants land professional work in the industry.
Term 3 will be taught by AFI award winning actor, Luke Ford.
Students will become highly proficient at preparing, presenting and auditioning for the screen. Each week students will be challenged with demanding scripts to workshop to camera ,with constructive feedback from class-mates & tutor.
Tutors will only be professional actors with industry expertise.
Note: Term 3 will be taught by Screen veteran, Luke Ford.
The Tutor – Luke Ford
Luke Ford is one of Australia’s finest actors, and the most sought after actor of his generation working in Australia today.
Luke has created so many memorable and edgy characters for film & television, he’s already a master of his craft.Here’s your chance to work with Luke, expand your acting universe of skills which will help to further your career.
Luke Ford’s credits to name just a few: known for The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor (2008), The Black Balloon (2008 – won Best actor AFI) award winning Animal Kingdom (2010) and played Kerry Packer in Aussie mini series, Power Games.
Point Break Drama acting studio is privileged and incredibly excited to be hosting Luke Ford for an exclusive two day character building workshop for adult actors.
Acting On Camera Adults In more Detail:
- Pitching performance for screen both vocally & visually
- Expanding understanding of Acting technique
- The efficient Learning of lines to stay flexible
- Scene Breakdown / Analysis- students expected to make own acting choices
- TVC Castings – Process
- Film / TV Castings- process
- Proficient use of substitution & emotional /memory recall techniques
- Work-shopping latest scripts from Film & television
- Mock Auditions- Students expected to come prepared
- Improvisation techniques to give students the confidence and ability to respond to any request from a casting director or director
I was asked recently to run lines with Kee Chan (hollywood actor). Not only did he learn them very quickly, he used the same technique of running lines fast without emotion, I learnt at Point Break Drama’s Acting for camera adult course. It was great to watch a seasoned Hollywood actor use the same technique and really solidify it for me. The On Camera Acting Course at Point break Drama has given me so much acting technique , valuable practice and really helped me understand the process on set. Thank you.
Penny Murden (Script & Continuity Coordinator)