- This event has passed.
SCREEN ACTING 1 – Adult Beginner
Wednesday February 21, 2018 @ 7:00 pm - Wednesday April 11, 2018 @ 9:00 pm$362.00 – $380.00
Point Break Drama’s Screen acting course at Dee Why, will develop acting, improvisation and audition techniques for the screen, whilst giving participants a grounding in basic acting techniques required for film & television.
Screen acting participants will be taught a step by step audition process, and how to conduct themselves professionally at castings. With the continual development and practice of these skills, students will approach the casting process with greater confidence and flexibility.
Screen Acting classes for adults are taught by professional actors.Participants will gain industry insight and knowledge, and a high skill base in the performing arts industry. Start your training now!
Screen Acting 1 In More Detail:
- The different requirements of stage & screen
- what works visually on screen
- Basic Stanislavski Acting technique – Who, What, When, Where, Why & Want.
- The efficient Learning of lines to stay flexible
- Scene Breakdown / Analysis- Gleaning all clues from the text
- Understanding how a casting works
- The introduction to substitution & emotional /memory recall
- Workshopping latest scripts from Film & television
- Mock Auditions- Students begin take responsibility for their own work.
- Taught by Professional Actor with hands on industry knowledge
I was asked recently to run lines with Kee Chan (hollywood actor) as the script was a bit mobile. Not only did he learn them very quickly, he used the same technique of running lines fast without emotion, I learnt at Point Break Drama Acting School. It was great to watch a seasoned Hollywood actor use the same technique and really solidify it for me. The little I’ve done with you has really helped me understand the process on set. Thank you.
Penny Murden (Script & Continuity Coordinator)