- This event has passed.
Improv Gym – Adults Term 2
May 14 @ 7:00 pm - June 25 @ 9:00 pm$280 – $296
Point Break Drama Acting Studio is excited to announce Improv Gym term 2 for adults will commence 7th May 2019 .
Improv Gym is an extensive 6 week Improvisation course designed to give students more flexibility, range , confidence and technique to enable students to think clearly and creatively without the blocks.
TV Improv shows like “Who’s Line is It Anyway” have amazed, enthralled and thoroughly entertained audiences with actor’s ability to easily make up and perform on the spot with no rehearsal and no script. Its time to learn the secrets and practice the techniques allow this to happen.
Point Break Drama’s Impro Gym, promises to be a huge amount of fun, and challenging. Best of all there is no stress or pressure to learn dialogue … You just need to attend class with an open mind for training!
Life is improvisation, all those improv classes were like church to me. The training had seeped into me and changed who I am. Tina Fey
IMPROV GYM COURSE
The course will cover the following:
- The basics – offer/acceptance/listening
- Basics of story
- Different types of offers
- Power of saying YES to ideas and to life
- Improvisation hacks – the simple tools to make it accessible to anyone
- Energy centering techniques to calm the mind under pressure.
- Structured Impro format – working within the confines of a story structure and applying improvisation to keep it alive.
- Suitable for all levels of experience. Students will be challenged at their entry level.
- Earlybird Term 2 5% off finishes 30th April
- 6 classes over 7 weeks ( 1 week hiatus on 21st May)
- Supportive environment
- Enhance and invigorate imagination
- Gain confidence and enhance skills
- Build rapport with others
Improv Gym at Point Break Drama is quite easily one of the most challenging and ridiculously fun classes you can take. All our time as adults spent controlling impulses, outcomes and behaviour gets chucked out the window in favour of acting completely on instinct, as well as learning to be genuinely present & playing as a team with a bunch of complete strangers. The results of the games can be fascinating and absolutely riotous. It cracks your head open to a whole new way of thinking and has added a new edge & courage to all the work I do. Erika Heynatz ( Professional Actor , Singer, Model)
Tutor Matt Charleston
Originally from Tasmania, Matt Charleston trained as an actor at NIDA. Matt has also studied extensively in LA, where he participated in a number workshops with industry heavyweights like Howard Fine, Dee Wallace Stone and Amy Lyndon. Read more about Matt.
How to Enrol: First add 1 to the cart below, click proceed to the checkout. On this page add an additional course if you like. Click through to the checkout where you will fill out enrolment details for student and choose a payment option.