- This event has passed.
Impro Gym – Adults Term 4
October 23 @ 7:00 pm - November 27 @ 9:00 pm$280 – $296
Point Break Drama Acting Studio is excited to announce the first Impro Gym class for adults will be held in August 2018 .
Impro Gym is an extensive 6 week Improvisation course designed to give students more flexibility, range , confidence and technique to enable students to think clearly and creatively without the blocks.
TV Improv shows like “Who’s Line is It Anyway” have amazed, enthralled and thoroughly entertained audiences with actor’s ability to easily make up and perform on the spot with no rehearsal and no script. Its time to learn the secrets and practice the techniques allow this to happen.
Point Break Drama’s Impro Gym, promises to be a huge amount of fun, and challenging. Best of all there is no stress or pressure to learn dialogue … You just need to attend class with an open mind for training!
Life is improvisation, all those improv classes were like church to me. The training had seeped into me and changed who I am. Tina Fey
THE IMPROVISATION COURSE
The course will cover the following:
- The basics – offer/acceptance/listening
- Basics of story
- Different types of offers
- Power of saying YES to ideas and to life
- Improvisation hacks – the simple tools to make it accessible to anyone
- Energy centering techniques to calm the mind under pressure.
- Structured Impro format – working within the confines of a story structure and applying improvisation to keep it alive.
- Suitable for all levels of experience. Students will be challenged at their entry level.
- Earlybird rate 5% off available to October 12th
- Supportive environment
- Enhance and invigorate imagination
- Gain confidence and enhance skills
- Build rapport with others
Tutor Matt Charleston
Originally from Tasmania, Matt Charleston trained as an actor at NIDA. Matt has also studied extensively in LA, where he participated in a number workshops with industry heavyweights like Howard Fine, Dee Wallace Stone and Amy Lyndon. Read more about Matt.