Danny Raco Get on Set Masterclass – Teen
November 18 @ 4:30 pm - December 9 @ 6:30 pm$240.00
Danny Raco Get On Set Masterclass – Teens
Work with Home & Away Director, Danny Raco in the Danny Raco Get On Set masterclass!!
Point Break Drama is super excited to welcome one of televisions busiest directors, Danny Raco to share his insights / tips on being ready to perform at the highest level under set conditions in this 4 – week masterclass.
Danny has been one of a handful of directors for Home & Away for over 14 years. He was nominated for an ADG Award 4 times and won it in 2018. He was also lead director of 2 series of a children’s comedy called Drop Dead Weird (Irish-Australian coproduction), produced by Ambience Entertainment, which was nominated for an AACTA Award in 2019. Danny has been teaching at AFTRS this year.
Danny is a unique talent as he started out as an actor with long stints in Heartbreak High, Home & Away & Blue Heelers before making the transition to directing.
Danny Raco Get On Set Masterclass
This workshop is a unique opportunity to learn from one of Australia’s current working directors, and get tips and insights on how to best prepare / perform at your peak, under the fast moving & stressful environment of a set.
In addition, get insight on what is expected in the audition room & what the producers are looking for.
- Working on the technical aspects (hitting your mark, finding the light, tips on how to work the camera to your advantage, etc)
- Work ethics and on set etiquette
- How to prepare for an audition and stand out with a memorable performance
- How to make the most of the rehearsal process
- Advice on how to remember your lines and make the dialogue sound more organic and natural.
- How to communicate on set with the director in order to be able to give your best performance for the scene.
- The importance of continuity.
- Understanding the rhythm, tone and beats in a scene.
- How to make a good impression and be respected by the cast and crew (and why that is a vital skill to learn)
- “Practical aesthetics” and how that will help to improve your performance.
- In depth analysis on characterisation.
- Finding your character’s objective in the scene and how to find the tools to achieve that objective. ‘Real”, pragmatic and hands-on advice on how to make it in the game, from the audition room to the red carpet
- 12 Places only
- Scripts emailed week before workshop
- Bring Drink Bottle, SD Card, Two copies of script & writing materials
- 4 classes
- 11 years Plus
Danny Raco Biog
Danny Raco was born in Rome and grew up in a small medieval town in Tuscany until the age of ten. He has worked in the film and television industry since 1998 as both an actor and a director.
He began his career at the age of 18 when he joined the cast of ‘Heartbreak High’. In the year 2000 he became a regular cast member on ‘Home and Away’ and remained there for 4 years. In 2004 he moved to Melbourne to join the cast of ‘Blue Heelers’. He also acted on feature films ‘Almost’ and ‘Crooked Business’. In 2002 he was nominated for a Logie Award in the Most Popular New Male Talent category.
In 2007 he began directing on ‘Home and Away’ and has been a regular director on the series for over 14 years. He was nominated for an ADG Award (Australian Directors Guild) on 4 occasions and went on to win the ADG Award in 2018 for best Direction of a Television or SVOD Drama Serial.
Danny was also the lead director for two seasons of the AACTA nominated children’s series ‘Drop Dead Weird’.
COVID – 19 Safety Policy
1.) No one with Cold or Flu like symptoms will be permitted in the venue including students, parents, teachers. Symptoms including but not exclusive to sore throats, runny nose, sneezing & coughing.
2.) Do not come to class / workshop if you’ve made contact with someone with Covid – 19 in last 14 days.
3.) Windows and doors will be left open to ensure continuous air flow.
4.) Parent / guardian are not permitted to enter the venue. All students are to be dropped and signed in at the foyer entrance to venue.
5.) All students must apply hadn’t sanitiser upon entry.
5.) Participants will be sent home if not feeling well
6.) All kitchen surfaces, door handles & knobs will be wiped down with disinfectant before and after class.
7.) Participants must keep safe 1.5 distance from teachers.
8.) Participants must bring water bottle ( No cups provided). NO sharing of food permitted.
9.) In the event of any future Covid- 19 out breaks / closure of venue / teachers falling sick etc make up classes will be offered on the zoom platform.
10.) Masks to be warn by Adults & Students from 12 upwards.
11.) In the event of future shutdowns refunds will not be offered. Classes will be offered on zoom.