Acting Beginners 1 – Adult Term 1
February 19 @ 7:00 pm - March 25 @ 9:00 pm$298 – $313
A fun and practical Acting beginner adults course introducing students to the fundamentals of acting, in an encouraging & playful environment. Acting beginner Adults 1 will help participants feel challenged and empowered through creative group play & individually focused tuition.
Taught by professional actors with industry insight and knowledge.
Acting beginner Adults 1 is a short 6 week introductory course. Suitable for those with no experience, or those coming back to acting after time away.
Originally from Tasmania, Matt Charleston trained as an actor at NIDA. Matt has also studied extensively in LA, where he participated in a number workshops with industry heavyweights like Howard Fine, Dee Wallace Stone and Amy Lyndon.
Matt is a dedicated practitioner of Aikido (4th dan blackbelt) and energy arts such as Ki – development (Chu den Blackbelt) and Ki Shiatsu.
Matt incorporates the mind/body/energetic principles underlying the arts, into actor training. Matt has been evolving his unique approach to the teaching of acting technique for nearly 10 years, inspiring many with amazing results.
ACTING BEGINNER ADULTS 1 course will focus on:
- Developing craft & acting technique through Fun & engaging exercises
- Techniques to aid with confidence and dynamic presence on stage
- Improvisation / Games to stimulate imagination and the joy of “play”
- More effective Use of Voice & Body on stage.
- Encourage participants to listen to their intuition and go with there gut.
- How to effectively communicate an idea on stage to an audience.
- Practical exercises that give students understanding of basic acting principles- What is the Who, What, When Where & Why? What is an Objective/ Want?
- The practical application of acting technique to performance of a monologue.
- Embracing the Joy of Performance.
- Acting Beginners 1 taught by Professional Actor
- 6 classes
- EARLY BIRD 5% OFF FINISHES FEBRUARY 1ST