- This event has passed.
Acting Beginners 1 – Adult Term 2
May 22 @ 7:00 pm - July 10 @ 9:00 pm$360.0 – $378
A fun and practical Acting beginners course introducing students to the fundamentals of acting, in an encouraging & playful environment. Acting beginners 1 will help participants feel challenged and empowered through creative group play & individually focused tuition.
Taught by professional actors with industry insight and knowledge.
“The teachers and classes at Point Break Drama are always addressing new challenges and pushing you further then you thought you could ever go. All students of Point Break have been given endless opportunities to show what they can do, from performing each term in front of an audience, to different workshops with Prolific casting agents.”
Emily O’Connell – Teen Actor
Originally from Tasmania, Matt Charleston trained as an actor at NIDA. Matt has also studied extensively in LA, where he participated in a number workshops with industry heavyweights like Howard Fine, Dee Wallace Stone and Amy Lyndon.
Matt is a dedicated practitioner of Aikido (4th dan blackbelt) and energy arts such as Ki – development (Chu den Blackbelt) and Ki Shiatsu.
Matt incorporates the mind/body/energetic principles underlying the arts, into actor training. Matt has been evolving his unique approach to the teaching of acting technique for nearly 10 years, inspiring many with amazing results.
ACTING BEGINNERS 1 course will focus on:
- Developing craft & acting technique through Fun & engaging exercises
- Techniques to aid with confidence and dynamic presence on stage
- Improvisation / Games to stimulate imagination and the joy of “play”
- More effective Use of Voice & Body on stage.
- Encourage participants to listen to their intuition and go with there gut.
- How to effectively communicate an idea on stage to an audience.
- Practical exercises that give students understanding of basic acting principles- What is the Who, What, When Where & Why? What is an Objective/ Want?
- The practical application of acting technique to performance of a monologue.
- Embracing the Joy of Performance.
- Acting Beginners 1 taught by Professional Actor
- 8 classes
- EARLY BIRD FINISHES 8TH May