Point Break Drama is committed to providing a safe and nurturing environment for all children and teenagers.
Child protection is paramount and must be taken very seriously.
Point Break Drama’s policy is as follows:
- All teachers must pass the NSW Working with Children Check
- Doors & windows in classrooms will be left open wherever possible. This is not possible when classes are running simultaneously in adjacent rooms because of noise.
- Teachers will not be left alone with one student. Exceptions include the arrival and departure of children at the venue and Private lessons (See below)
- Private lessons must be taught with doors open and a parent/guardian must be either present or in the adjacent room.
- Adults are not permitted under any circumstances to watch children in class. (Parents are permitted to stay for first 10 minutes and watch the last ten minutes of class only)
- Adults are not permitted to meander or wait outside the classroom or hall areas while class
- All cleaning & maintenance at the church venue must take place around class & performance time wherever possible. Emergency repairs are the exception.
- Point Break Drama shares the Hall and facilities with various groups, and accepts people will occasionally need to use the kitchen and toilets. People must be quiet and move quickly out of the kitchen. Once again adults are not permitted to watch class.
- Students are not permitted to leave the premises once they arrive at the venue.
- The Buddy System is in operation during class time when students wish to go to toilet
- Children/ teens must remain on the Church property until parents have collected their children
- Parents must pick their child up on time.