Macbeth Auditions 2022
By William Shakespeare
Macbeth Auditions 2022: The classic story of one man seemingly content with his lot in life, seduced & manipulated by his awakened ambition will be bought vividly to life by Point Break Drama Co-Founder & Paul Winchester & by Blair Cutting. Point Break Theatre Co is proud to present a Macbeth for our times.
Macbeth plays for 6 Shows only between Thurs 20th to Saturday 29th October, 2022.
Directed by Blair Cutting & Paul Winchester. Costumes by Marisa Newnes.
Macbeth 2022 Synopsis
As a violent turf war for control of a major city’s criminal underworld enters its final phase, crime boss Duncan places her future in the hands of her most trusted foot soldier – the loyal assassin Macbeth.
However, a chance encounter with three homeless people – and the fanatical ambition of his wife – will propel Macbeth into a bloody quest for power that will ultimately destroy him, his friends, and his family. Macbeth’s journey into the dark side of the mind, mirrors the crumbling society of which he is a part – further fuelled by the drugs, alcohol and violence that permeate every aspect of his world.
All rehearsals / performances will be conducted in a COVID – 19 safe environment.
Please read all information on this page thoroughly before applying.
Please read all information on this page thoroughly before applying.
Expectation of Performers in Macbeth
Point Break Drama Theatre company expects the highest level of commitment and dedication to the work, and only people interested in excellence need apply .
Do not book an audition time if you want to gain audition experience only, or if you know you are unavailable. We appreciate everyone’s time and effort, we expect the same in return.
Participants will be expected to make every effort to attend all rehearsals.
Regular rehearsals will be Thursday nights 6.30pm -10pm & Saturdays 2.00 – 6.00pm. There are some all day dress rehearsals. These are compulsory rehearsals. See below for dates.
In the event of any profit made from ticket sales will be put into future productions.
- Performance & Tech / Dress rehearsal will be 17th to 29th October at the Star of The Sea Theatre, Manly
- Rehearsals will be held regularly on Thursday nights (6.30pm-10pm) & Saturday’s from (2.00pm- 6.00pm) at Point Break Drama, Dee Why.
- Extra full day rehearsal to be held on a Saturday. See bottom of this page for details. Note some of the key all day Saturdays will be in the October school holidays.
- Free Copy of Script will be provided upon being cast.
Macbeth Auditions 2022 details
All auditions will take place on Saturday 9th July, 2022 at the Point Break Drama studio (28 Fisher Rd Dee Why). To audition please follow the following process carefully:
- Prepare a 1- 2min monologue from Macbeth or another of Shakespeares tragedies. No longer than 2 mins.
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with a request for an audition time indicating name, age, contact info, basic performance experience( 4 lines max), and the name part or parts you would like to audition for.
- View the Character Breakdown / Roles available here.
- Please No CV’s at this stage.
- Please note applicants under 18 must have parental authorization to audition. A parent or guardian must request an audition time – not the child.
- Audition request Deadline is Friday July 8th (Note: pending availability).
- Anyone can audition but positions will be given to the best applicants.
- Auditioning is free – however do not request an audition time to gain audition experience, if you know you are unavailable for the production..
- Applicants must arrive 15 mins prior to audition time to fill out information form.
- Bring a Head shot & CV to the audition only. DO NOT EMAIL.
- Choose a character or characters you feel comfortable presenting.
- Audition monologues should be short ( 1- 2 mins max).
- Choosing from tragedies take us on an emotional / psychological journey.
- Choosing from comedies show us a vibrant characterisation & comedic potential. Take us on a journey.
Dress Rehearsals Compulsory at Point Break ( all Cast / crew):
Thurs 13th Oct 6pm – 10pm at Point Break
Friday 14th Oct Oct 6pm – 10pm at Point Break
Sat 15th May 10am – 5pm rehearsal at Point Break
Compulsory Tech / Dress Rehearsal week at Theatre
Mon 17th Oct 5.30pm – 10pm Bump In / Tech / Dress Run Full Cast at the Star of the Sea , Manly
Tues 18th Oct 5.30pm – 10pm Dress Run Cast at the Star of the Sea , Manly
Wed 19th Oct 5.30pm – 10.00pm Final Dress / Tech At the Star of theSea, Manly
At Star Of The Sea Theatre, Manly
Actors Call time 5.00pm Night and 1.30pm matinee
Thurs 20th Oct 6.30pm show
Friday 21st Oct 6.30pm show
Saturday 22nd Oct 6.30pm show
Thurs 27th Oct 6.30pm Show
Friday 28th Oct 6.30pm Show
Saturday 29th Oct 6.30pm Closing Show
1st read through – whole cast
Thurs 21st July 6 – 10pm
Performers will be asked for measurements, to fill out Photo / Performance forms & Performance agreements.
Regular Rehearsal Times
All Cast will need to keep Thursday evenings & Saturdays Arvo /early evenings free for Rehearsals, although not all cast will be required for the entire rehearsal period.
To commence Thur 21st July ( Exception is 1st read through will start at 6pm)
Thursdays – 6.30pm – 10pm
Saturdays – 2.00pm – 6.00pm.
Exceptions are the Saturdays listed below
Key Saturday Rehearsals – Whole Cast Required
Sat 3rd Sept 9am – 5pm at Point Break
Sat 1st Oct 9am – 5pm at Point Break
Sat 8th Oct 9am to 5pm at Point Break
Sat 15th Oct 10am – 5pm at Point Break
These Saturdays will be used for:
workshops dedicated to understanding and develop character, scene Work & Running of entire Show
COVID – 19 Safety Policy
1.) No one with Cold or Flu like symptoms will be permitted in the venue including students, parents, teachers. Symptoms including but not exclusive to sore throats, runny nose, sneezing & coughing.
2.) Do not come to class / workshop/ rehearsal if you are Covid positive.
3.) Windows and doors will be left open to ensure continuous air flow.
4.) Parent / guardian are not permitted to enter the venue. All students are to be dropped and signed in at the foyer entrance to venue.
5.) All students must apply hand sanitiser upon entry.
5.) Participants will be sent home if not feeling well
6.) All kitchen surfaces, door handles & knobs will be wiped down with disinfectant before and after class.
7.) Participants must keep safe 1.5 distance from teachers. Adult students must maintain 1.5 metre from each other.
8.) Participants must bring water bottle ( No cups provided). NO sharing of food permitted.
9.) In the event of any future Covid- 19 out breaks / closure of venue / teachers falling sick etc make up classes will be offered on the zoom platform.
10.) Masks will be warn during rehearsals.
11.) In the event of future shutdowns refunds will not be offered. Classes will be offered on zoom.